Unique Fair Trade recycled Indian newspaper bag!
• The handles are made from hard-wearing, locally-sourced jute. The bag has metal eyelets, for extra strength.
• Local boys on bicicle rickshaw collect newspaper from private houses in the area and then over 80 local women help construct the bags by recycling this newspaper and adding jute handles for comfort and convenience.
• The bags are stronger than they look - but please keep from getting wet.
• Makes a unique gift bag for any presents as no two bags have the same print design! Ideal size for most jewellery items.
• Has a re-inforced base for extra strength - the bags are stronger than they look - but please keep from getting wet.
This Fair Trade Recycled Indian Newspaper Bag was handmade in India.
Dimensions - width 11 cm x height 13 cm x depth when gusset is fully expanded 6 cm approximately.
Please note: this particular sized bag does not come with any descriptive tag attached. Only our medium, large and extra large sizes have a tag attached to each bag.
Newspaper Bag Project, New Delhi, India
Started in 2004, this small project is run by a Non Government Organisation (NGO) whose mission is to shelter, feed and educate street children, usually boys, who have been living rough on the railway station at New Delhi, India. These elder children, now married with children of their own, generate an income by making newspaper bags and jute items.
The project also involves over 80 women, who help construct bags by recycling newspaper collected locally from homes, shops and offices by the boys using rickshaws.
Income from the project allows the NGO to take care of thirteen street children who live in a house in a village about an hour`s journey from the city.
As well as helping the local economy, the project has helped the boys to integrate into the wider community by attending school and playing, rather than pulling rickshaws, shoe polishing, rag picking or worse......
We stock a range of different sized recycled Indian newspaper bags. You can read more about this project in our Fair Trade Producers section.
You should receive your delivery within 2-5 days from placing your online order with us.
We always let you know by email that your order is being dealt with and also when it’s gone in the post - so you won’t be kept in the dark!
However, please allow up to 5 working days before you contact us with any issues.
Deliveries are made by Royal Mail from Monday to Saturday between 7am and 3pm.
You must notify us of your intentions within 30 days of your initial receipt of the goods. We will then agree with you what action to take, including the opportunity to exchange your unwanted product for another item.
(Please use the contact us page to get in touch with us. This page also includes the address to send your "returns".)
Please enter a valid email address.
This field is required.