Marbled Felt Bobbles Handbag
Features & Benefits
Make any outfit stand out with this luxury Fair Trade marbled felt bobbles handbag.
• Funky and fun and made entirely from 100% sheep`s wool felt.
• Coloured with eco-friendly dyes.
• The bag is made up of intricately produced marbled felt bobbles in muti colours and so too is the shoulder strap, where the bobbles are threaded through strong thread.
• In total, there are approximately 150 individual marbled bobbles used to make this bag - imagine the work involved! Sure to be a real talking point amongst your friends.
• Has a zip closing at the top, leading to the main compartment which is fully lined with plain black cotton.
• The bag doesn`t have a huge capacity, but it does have huge impact.
• Other cute felt gifts are also available in our range, including a smaller version of this bag. (See below)
The skilled marbling techniques have been carried out with great care by women artisans in Nepal.
Our range of felt products demonstrate a variety of traditional techniques, such as marbling, ball making and blanket stitching.
Dimensions - width 23 cm x height 18 cm x depth 6 cm approximately. The strap has a drop of 30 cm from the top of the bag.
Take care: Felt is simple to care for.
Wiping with a wet cloth will remove most stains. If the item needs to be thoroughly cleaned, hand wash it in luke warm water with a plain soap (no perfumes or dyes), then wring it out and leave to dry.
The Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs Associations of Nepal (FWEAN) is a small-scale not-for-profit organisation aiming at representing the collective efforts of women entrepreneurs and is based in the capital, Kathmandu.
It works to overcome gender inequality in the country.
WEAN itself is a woman producers' marketing cooperative and has been supporting women to come to the forefront of economic activity through entrepreneurship development.
The cooperative has been assisting enterprises owned or run by woman entrepreneurs in area of marketing, productivity and quality improvement since 1992.
It has been marketing handicrafts and food products locally as well as exporting internationally.